YOUTH – Our youth group consists of teenagers ranging in age from 13 to 18. We enjoy spirited devotions and conversations every Sunday evening beginning at 5 p.m.. Our young people are actively involved in worship and worship planning as they lead worship every fifth Sunday. Some of our youth are trained Lay Servants and have actually delivered sermons. We have a youth choir and they are lead/trained by our Director of Music and Worship Arts who is a classically trained singer/teacher.
Along with the devotions and group discussions, we enjoy basketball and outings to Stone Mountain Park. During the summer the youth group goes on a one week mission trip to help those in need and to personally grow spiritually.
CHILDREN – Children’s programming includes Sunday School at 9:45 am each Sunday morning. In addition a new children’s choir is underway that meets on Sunday evenings. The children are also involved in volunteer opportunities and Vacation Bible School.
Our children who are under thirteen are also active in worship as they are often called to read scripture and sing as a special part of the morning worship.
ADULTS – Opportunities for ministry, Bible Study groups, and Sunday School Classes are a few of the opportunities that are provided for adults. With society growing more complex and impersonal each day, our ministries provide an interpersonal experience through warm friendships, laughter and a closer relationship with God. Nursery is provided as needed.
- Jim Griffin Class – Ages 65 and up, Adult Bible Studies Series
- Fideles Class – Ages 55 and up, Adult Bible Studies Series
- John Wesley Class – Adults of all ages, discussion class
- Good News Class – Couples and Singles of all ages, lively Bible discussions
- Tuesday Morning Bible Study – Fideles Room, Variety of topics, 10:30 a.m.; led by Dr. Ellen Shepard
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study – Fideles Room, Lectionary based Bible Study, 6:30 p.m., led by Dr. Ellen Shepard
EVERYONE – All ages are actively involved in Vacation Bible School (VBS) as we reach out into the community to build relationships and make disciples. VBS is the middle week of July annually. It is an intergenerational event that begin with a light supper and culminates in evening worship.
Music ministry – The Chancel Choir and a Community hand bell group, The Joyful Noise Ringers give our members and friends of the congregation many opportunities to “raise their voices in praise”. The choirs add an important element to worship services and provide the community with concerts/cantatas during the year.
Rehearsal for the choir is Wednesday Evening at 7:30 p.m.
Rehearsal for the Ringers is in the fall, with a full schedule of events in the spring.
- Youth Choir – provides music for our worship services on an occasional basis as well as for each fifth Sunday service.
- Children’s Choir – provides special music for our worship services. We are planning our first Children’s Musical in the near future.
We encourage members and friends alike to share their musical abilities with us as specials throughout the year.
The Mission Team is committed to helping the needs of the less fortunate. Mission ministries include, but are not limited to:
Around the World:
- Ghana, Africa – Helping provide drinking water
- Haiti – The Goat Project – This project is led by our youth
- Grace UMC – Serving Lunch to homeless women and children quarterly
- Brannon Towers, A United Methodist Housing Complex -Providing Christmas for each of the residents, Collecting clothing for adults
- Backpack Program – feeding at risk families over the weekends
- Co-Op – Serving food, gathering food , stocking the pantry, providing utilities, Providing cash donations at Easter and Christmas, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
- Blanket Project – providing warmth in the winter